Thursday, April 14, 2011

Things I love to love

Things that I L-O-V-E:

  • Getting 101/100 on my Work and Organization test. I think I was smiling like a git-iot all day after I got my score back

  • Imagine Dragons. I cannot stop listening to them. At first, it was taking me a bit to get used to them, but the more I listen and get familiar with their songs, the more I cannot stop! Soo good. Curse, America, Hear Me, and Selene are some current song favs.

  • Jogs. Wow. Some jogs I can't believe I ran 13.1 miles in October, but they consistently bring me a satisfaction that is Mmm Mmm good.

  • Going to the Temple. I went today and loved um...every second of it. It's so nice and you can't NOT feel good there. I am soo lucky to have one a few blocks away and am stoked out-of-my-mind that my dear ones in Rome are going to have one of their very own.

  • When runners stop at stoplights and jog in place. I don't know why, but it makes me smile every time.

  • The lad that was trying to ride his unicycle to the library and fell 5 times after getting on but wouldn't quit. I kept expecting him to just throw in the towel and walk, but nope. He wanted to ride that unicycle. His determination was fascinating. Loved it.

  • Instrumental music. Wow I cannot get enough. I've been into instrumental soundtracks lately. Loving composers: Thomas Newman, John Barry, Michael Kamen and Hans Zimmer--obviously.

  • Jillian Michaels ability to make me awkwardly sore after a measley 20 minute workout DVD. Seriously, I'm kind of embarassed that standing up, sitting down, and going uphill causes me to wince. She's good. She's a wee bit scary...but she's good.

  • Fierce Strawberry flavored Gatorade. Oh dear me does it rub me the right way.

  • The nonsensical photoshoots that Kori and I do on Sundays. I have some hilarious pics that I'll probably have to post in the future because it's one of my favorite sunday traditions. We're both anti-nap on sundays so we go for a walk instead and take pictures. It's hilarious and a joy every time.

  • My institute class. My teacher is actually great this semester. I'm learning a lot about the Savior and His life. In a school schedule where none of my teachers are members, and everything is very berry liberal, it's nice to go to a class where the whole thing feels good.

  • Reading my friends blogs.

  • When strangers smile and say "hello". Can't we all do that? I love it. Talking to strangers is one of my all-time favorite things.

  • My spinach smoothie that I have every morning for breakfast. My sister introduced me to them and now I can't imagine breakfast without it. Cereal, which was my breakfast go-to, now seems nothing but inferior.

  • The Kevin Costner version of Robin Hood. I was watching a bit of it today and I love that movie so so much. The music, the clothes, the action, Maid Marian's hair, the romantic fluff, the mullety goodness of Mr. Costner, etc.

Hmm...I think I'll stop there today. I just wanted to write down some details of my recent couple of days that have been smile worthy.

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, that's a good list. You are so funny too. I have questions about 6 of them. Like--what's in your spinach smoothy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this list put a big ol' smile on my face. thanks for being so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you Mal! You have some weird ones on that list that are totally something only you would smile at!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete