Monday, April 11, 2011

Pearls of Wisdom

One of the many perks of being housed in the Provo MTC, mid-calf skirted, ALL day classes for 9 weeks, is that some in-cre-dible speakers paid us visits. Personal favorites include: Elder Jeffrey R. Holland--who is a HUGE favorite of mine, and one I'd never heard of til he came is Elder F. Enzio Busche.

I can't even tell you all of the details about his talk but I took notes and remember having a lasting impression about the importance of knowing we're children of God and what our relationship with Him can and should be. I also know he has written a book which, in my limited knowledge of this man, will be something I'll invest in because there is sure to be no shortage of wisdom.

Well thanks to a dear friend, I have stumbled upon a talk of his that is AMAZING. I was having a crappy day a couple of weeks ago--just feeling really blah--and randomly thought, "I should google F. Enzio Busche and see what pearls of wisdom he has." So this talk came up called, "Unleashing the dormant spirit" and wow. I kid you not, I carried it around all week reading it on my walk between classes, on the way home from school, everywhere! I have a ton of notes written on it, things underlined, references to periods in my life where I can relate with what he's saying/teaching. It's so-o good. I just wanted to share it with you in case any of you are/have been feeling how I was a couple of weeks ago and need something good to read.

It mainly talks about the importance of living worthy of and recognizing the influence of the Holy Ghost. He just says a lot of things that I'd never thought of, or that I know and have seen are true--but needed to read them to realize it. Hmm...make sense? Here are a few of my favorite quotes:

"Embrace this day with an enthusiastic welcome, no matter how it looks. The covenant with God to which you are true enables you to become enlightened by him, and nothing is impossible for you. " Puts a little somethin' in your step.

"In your life there have to be challenges. They will either bring you closer to God and therefore make you stronger, or they can destroy you. But you make the decision of which road you take." The truest of the true! Love that!

"First and foremost, you are a spirit child of God. If you neglect to feed your spirit, you will reap unhappiness. Don't permit anything to detract you from this awareness. "

"Put all frustrations, hurt feelings, and grumblings into the perspective of your eternal hope. Light will flow into your soul." Mmmm...

If you do read it, you need to read the whole thing. There's a goldmine of bullet points at the end which kind of made my mind explode with their inspiredness. haha Hmmm...Anywho, I just thought I'd share something that brings me joy.

http://speeches.byu.edu/reader/reader.php?id=7908

No comments:

Post a Comment