So...today was Amy day. Yep, we had a day to appreciate our roommate Amy. She's wonderful in every day so we're doing everything she wants today. She wanted Chinese food so her wish was granted. I partook of a fortune cookie and LOOK at what I got. Is it strange that I honestly think there's something to this? haha Or do they just tell all of their customers that they'll journey to foreign lands? Unknown. But I'm not grumpy about them reenforcing my desire to travel the world. The end.
Thursday, December 15, 2011
- Last night after work (it being about 1 am at this point) a lad was one of the last people leaving (it was country dancing night) and he stopped me and grabbed me by the arm and said, "I just want to tell you what a kind happy spirit you are. You are just always so happy and kind." I sold him a 25 cent cup of water and he came back for a refill. That was our only interaction that he based that off of. I've never had anyone stop me and say something like that. Very nice...also a little caught off guard. But nice.
- Two finals down and uno to go! I have a final Friday morning, I work Saturday, and then am homeward bound on the beautiful Sabbath. Woot woot! I cannot wait for a three week vaca from my problems....if by problems I mean school and Blowsville.
- I have seen the trailer for this wee flick more than 3 times and cannot wait to see it. Does this make me a sap? I dunno. Your call. But I think Miss McAdams is darling and Mr. Tatum doesn't ever seem to be a poor choice now does he? So yes, if you and I are in the same zipcode in mid-february, let's call it a date. :)
- Recently heard around the house, "Sometimes my purple, velvety skinny jeans start to fall off my bottom." Point being: I am the owner of purple, velvety skinny jeans. Why? Because it's funny and because come-to-find-out, they're actually super fun and cute. The falling off part meaning that they needed to be washed so as to more properly fit my dear form.
- The chap that my institute teacher was trying to hook me up with is coming over tonight for game night. If my institute teacher knew, he'd be so proud of himself I'm sure. Not like anything's happening with him or anything but he's cool enough to spend quality time with him outside of class.
- Speaking of: tonight is our last Thursday night game night of the semester. I LOVE our game nights. Always a hilarious good time.
Love you all very berry much. If you're in Bootah county for the holidays, I vote that we see each others faces. Just saying.
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
So...lately I've rediscovered etsy. Dear me, what a lovely site that is. I'm quite sure that I spend more time on it than I need to but I usually end up saving some new favorite shops or items that eventually, perhaps, maybe someday if I can conjure up the funds, I might invest in. I found something today that I adore in every way. How wonderful is this skirt?! I have nothing but strong positive feelings for it. I would sell my bedspread for this skirt. And I love my bedspread.That's all. I'll finish my laundry and study now.
Sunday, December 11, 2011
- I adore my job. We had a work Christmas party tonight and it was soooo fun. I got to bring a friend and so my good lass Kor accompanied me. Olive Garden catered, white elephant gift exchange, free arcade games afterward, rock band projected on the wall of the skating section, a bunch of sweet coupons for places around the valley, plus the people I work with are gems. Pleased. Very pleased.
- I taught Sunday School again today. I was nervous to teach again because my last lesson was a flop. Nobody was participating and the silence made me want to jump off of London bridge into a canoe of porcupines. It was bad. But today went great! People participated. It felt nice...worth the effort I put into it.
- Maybe I've googled mapped the village that I'll be living in when I go to Tanzania and have found where I'll be going to church, want to know how they dance/if they'll teach me, and can't stop thinking about how wonderful this crazy experience is going to be.
- I came home from work last night and my roommates were playing "Just Dance 3". We might or might not have danced for four hours. haha Zero regrets. It was hilarious and I love any and every opportunity to dance.
- My roommate Brianne is one of the kindest people I've met in real life. She's always doing the dishes, taking people up to campus and just does a lot of acts of service just out of the goodness of her heart. So I thought it was time we appreciated that. We celebrated "Brianne Appreciation Day" on Friday. We opened all of the doors for her, took her skating and to play pool, we had a cake made for her, and watched her favorite movie at night time. It was really fun and hilarious. She just needed to be appreciated for a whole day.
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Guess who just got accepted to a humanitarian program for the summer?!? Yours truly!! I get to go to Tanzania for 4 months this summer and I couldn't be more ecstatic about finally being able to go to Africa and help people. I'm smiling like a fool and already planning on extra shifts to pick up so I can pay for this experience of a life time!!
Insert Blonde spazzy me here:
I just got interviewed yesterday and was feeling really nervous afterward. I've wanted to go to work in Africa for a really long time. The lady I interviewed with said I'd hear back from them either Wednesday or Thursday. Well...this morning in my 9:30 class I got an e-mail from them. I can't stop smiling. Bah!!!
Monday, December 5, 2011
- Thanks to my darling-to-look-at, yet tractionless boots, Humpty Dumpty is not the only one who had a great fall. That's correct my good friends, I was walking down a steep side walk and fell right on my glutey. Hilarious because I feel like that's something we all dread when there's snowfall.
- Guess who is the Fun Parks employee of the month?!?!? That is right, yours truly. Feel free to label me an emotional sap for the fact that it genuinely made my day. I get my picture on the wall and a 20 buck bonus. So....feeling pretty fly at my job even though I hand out magic ink all day for 75 tickets.
- I'm getting into herbal tea. Today I'm trying a Cinnamon Apple Spice flavor and dear me, it's delish. (One of my attempts to drink something other than Orange Juice.)
- I AM loving that crap out of Parks and Recreation. I only started watching it last season, but it's hysterical. Safe to say that it's my new favorite show. I own the second season but have a lot of catching up to do. The characters are quirky in the best way possible and Tom and Ron usually make me laugh outloud every episode. Here's clip of Tom that pleases me on a consistent basis: (Warning: The quality is poor, though the hilarity makes up for it.)
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Here it be: Another post of little deets...or tails...about things that I have loved about my life lately.
- I got a text at 11:00 at night from a co-work which said, "Dating advice?" haha He's a good friend and every shift we work together he asks me for dating advice. It's one of my favorite things. Yesterday at work he was asking me things I've liked about previous guys I've dated and at one point he said, "Wow. That's really good. I'm going to write that down." haha I love that. I don't know if my advice is actually THAT superb, but the fact that he values my opinion so much is flattering.
- We had a devotional the other night and at one point, the lad across the aisle from me opened up his notebook and marked his scripture reading in the front. I'm pleased to inform you that he hasn't missed a day. haha Okay so I have no clue who he is, but when people are diligent about things like that, the little missionary in me is so happy...even if I don't know them.
- My institute teacher is a gem. He's hysterical. And I'm pretty sure we're friends. He'll talk to me in front of the whole class and I've been getting the impression lately that he likes me so much that he wants to marry me off. haha Usually I would be irritated by this behavior, but because I think he's funny, it's therefore kind of endearing. A couple of weeks ago he came and sat by me before class and said, "So...Mallory, have you been going out with anyone from class? Is there anyone that's caught your eye? Do I need to provide more time for mingling?" haha He doesn't talk to other people about this. Nope. Just me. haha Today after class I was talking to a guy in our class and my teacher said from across the room, "So Mallory, who are you going on a date with this weekend?" I told him that I was working this weekend. "So...how's a guy supposed to ask you out?" I just said something like...just ask and we'll come up with something. The guy I was with said, "Well there's always Sunday." My institute teacher just smiled and looked pleased with himself. He is terrible at being discreet, but I find his intentions endearing.
- We have a sign on our fridge that I find hilarious every time I pass it. It says, "You are what you eat....funny...I don't remember eating any sexy beasts lately." haha Excellency.
- I cut my hair. It's shorter and I now have straight across bangs. I always go through an awkward phase of "why did I do that you git?!"...but I actually really love it now. It's nice to have a new look from time to time.
- So...I've always hated washing my face morning and night. I found the solution! I have two different face washes that I use and for some reason, the fact that I use two makes the process entirely enjoyable. I put my ipod in, sing songs while doubling up on facial cleansing. It's a delight. It think I now enjoy facial hygiene more than ever before.
- I bought new boots!! Dear me they are not repulsive to lay your eyes upon. My boots from last year have bitten the dust. There are holes all the way through the bottom and have taken a good lickin'. Hmmm....word choice? These boots are taller, an interesting color and...I'm clearly incapable of accurately describing them. I'll post a picture later? Point being, I'm currently pleased with my footwear. Functional yet sassy. Love it!
- And just because I generally share some sort of musical delight, here is one of my new favorite tunes. This little group just completely rubs me the right way. I just love their chill sound and the fact that I just want to close my eyes and have them sing to me all the time. haha Hope you enjoy!
That's all for today folks. Hope you've noticed some loves lately.