- "Colors" final concert--with Adam, Mindy, and our friends back in high school
- One Republic--with Aubrey Allenbach Lee in 2008. We died laughing when the whole audience left after "Apologize". Good times.
- Chris Merritt--
I've heard this man sing MANY times and hated it ZERO times. Seen him with Adam, Spencer, Mindy, Jacquel, Kate and Stephanie. I adore this man. He's like a cute keyboard playing, singing hobbit. That made him sound less cool than he is. I just couldn't get sick of him if I tried.
Steph, Kate and I got a picture with the good sir. I have yet to understand what it is that I'm doing with my left hand. haha
- Love You Long Time--
Kate, Adam, Spenc and I at another one of Chris' concerts.
LOVE these guys. Their clothes, style, music (obviously) and ability to be completely okay with who they are. They're just a fun, random little band that I enjoy when I need some dancing music.
Here's Kate, Steph, and I with the lead singer Oz. Yes we actually made t-shirts before the concert. haha We're just that cool.
- Imagine Dragons--Fall semester 2011 with Mindy and Jeff. Oh dear me. One of my new favorites. My best friend Mindle's big bro is in the band. The more I listen to them, the more I adore their music. They just signed with a label and I'm so happy for them. They're really talented, write amazing music, put on a sick show and deserve all of the good things coming their way.
- Matt Nathanson--
I saw him at a radio show with Mindy back before the mish. About a month ago I got to see him with Ashlee. He brings 13+ guitars and moves his hips like I've never seen a male do. It's fascinating. Love his music, he makes you laugh your face off, and love him even more as the concert goes on. Worthwhile, that man, worthwhile.
- Kelly Clarkson--Birthday present from Mindy my senior year. I went with Stephanie Johnson. Kelly is ridiculous live. The woman has pipes! I think I was literally in paradise when I heard her perform. I knew every word of her breakaway album and was only bothered by the fact that I was restricted to a seat and couldn't shake it in a crowd of peers. ha ha
- Nickel Creek--Dear me. Seen them twice--both times with Mindy and the whole Sermon clan. These guys are insanely talented. Their mandolinist makes me behave all kinds of awkwardly because I just adore him. At the first concert we got to go on stage at the end while they sang a few Christmas songs. Mindy and I kept yelling, "O Holy Night" (wanting them to sing it) and apparently they heard us and said they couldn't do that one--but we didn't hear them...so we just kept yelling it. We laugh about it to this day. Also we got to meet them afterwards and I think I almost piddled. My eyes got all watery and I almost cried of joy when my parents asked how the concert went the next day. haha Love them.
- David Archuleta--Stadium of Fire 2011. Come to find out I adore this young lads voice. Check! Went with Ryan and his family
- Brad Paisley--Also Stadium of Fire 2011.
- Faith Hill--I saw her and her darling husband with Adam, Cody and Aubs. They were both incredible live, I realized how much I love their music, and how darling they are together. Wow, what a sap. I would notice and comment on something like zat. I just remember Adam and I laughing at the guy who had ear plugs in because it was too loud.
- Tim McGraw--
Besides seeing him in the concert with his wife, I also got to see him in TEXAS at a RODEO with Kim and Glenn Spring break 2011. We were far away, but the view from the jumbotron was enough to make me nauseous and realize that apparently I do, in fact, have a weak spot for cowboys. Didn't think that I did, but I do. He's wonderful.
- Switchfoot--These tickets were a gift from Adam. Sooo sweet of him. He has always been a dear and thoughtful friend. I just remember being so overwhelmed by how nice and thoughtful it was of him to buy me tickets to a concert that he knew I'd like. I feel like he was on Heritage Tours or something and that's why he couldn't go with me. But I took Mindy and we had a solid good time togeth.
Love me some Rooney! I saw them the summer I got home from my mission with Ashlee. It was a small venue, their music was shake it worthy and some guy at the concert came up to me and said, "Do you wanna dance?" (in the middle of a concert, mind you) and I just looked at him with a quizzical brow and said, "I am dancing!". Kinda clever right?
- Josh Groban--I did not want to be a Josh Groban fan, but Kori made me like him at BYU-Idaho. Kori, Hayley and I went to his concert before my mission. In our original seats, we couldn't tell if the opening singer was male or female. (We were in the Delta Center.) But we snuck down to better seats, were super close, and Hayley even got to touch his hand when he came over to our side of the stage. I don't think I even need to stress the significance of getting touched by the person you came to see do I?! haha So funny. Josh Groban take 2 was this summer with Ashlee.
We got told to settle down by a fellow concert attendee because Ash and I were hilariously shakin' it to "Machine". WHO gets asked to settle down at a Josh Groban concert? Oh yeah, we do.
Oh my heart. I might, maybe, may be in love with this lad. Long curly brown locks, colored skinny jeans, and the man just happens to embody happiness. Kate and I stood out in the cold in SLC for several hours before we were let in. Apparently a lot of his equipment got stuck in a storm or something so he performed an acoustic show for us and it was incredible. The place was packed, everyone was sooo loud, and he's just so charming and lovely. Love his music, love that he reminds me of France, and love how fun and original he is.
- Tally Hall--A band with men in skinny ties. Need I say more? I think I needn't.
- Scars on 45--
Brits. They opened for Matt Nathanson and I loved their songs and commentary equally. They're charming and their music is great. I only own an EP or two, but somehow their 9 songs that I have were enough to hold me over on a 2 hour drive back to Blowgan. Just saying, somehow listening to their music over and over wasn't a bore.
- Ocean Grove--This is the latest and greatest. Went with Ashlee, Chandler, and Mckenzie. I originally wanted to see Robert Schwartzman (who was supposed to be the opener) but he backed out. However, Ocean Grove was great, Mckenzie of course fell in love with one of the band members because he's male and she's a teenager, and the McArthur lass' have yet to disappoint me.
Anyway, super random and lengthy post. I just realized that with a lot of my life undocumented, maybe I should post little details from the past that have contributed to things that I enjoy (and friends that I enjoy) to this day.
I love music. I love how it can express how you feel in ways that speaking somehow can't. I love dancing around at concerts where it's socially acceptable to do so. I love sharing those moments with other people. I love how it's hilarious and sometimes embarrassing how a talented human being can somehow make you behave awkwardly and act nervously. It's certainly fun to laugh about afterwards. I love my life, music, and you. Hope you have beautiful Thanksgivings and that you see all of the details in your life that you can be thankful for. Lots of love! Mals