Thursday, September 1, 2011

How To Save a Life

Today I donated blood for the very first time. I've always wanted to donate blood but am knowingly too much of a pansy to give it a fair attempt. So today my roommate asked me if I'd join her in saving someones life through this campus activity.

The guy was pretty nice. The needle was bigger than expected. The bag filled up faster than I'd imagined. And I wasn't as queasy as Jack from While You Were Sleeping. It really wasn't as bad as I'd thought and I am actually looking forward to doing it again. Yep...nerd. Best of times.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go! I am always a little nervous to donate too, yep the nurse gets nervous to get poked. But it is kind of nice to know you've helped someone.
    Can't wait to see you and catch up on all your blowgan adventures. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to be! I'm thinking about giving it a go as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last time I donated blood was in Italy when they had a ward blood drive in Rome and asked our whole zone of missionaries to participate. They have different rules in Italy. You have to fast 12 hours before donating, in the US they want to make sure you have eaten. Silly silly.

    ReplyDelete