Sunday, April 29, 2012

Group date, nice tip, lucky

Goodness me.  The latest and greatest:

  • I turned in my senior portfolio on Thursday. It felt very Mmm Mmm Good.  I've had a few moments where it's hit me that my days here are few.  Most of the time it doesn't feel real, but I've had glimpses of it lately.  It feels good to be wrapping up this phase of my life.  It's been many things.  I've met so many cool people, taken wonderful classes, learned so much from my life experiences up here, etc.  I'm grateful for my time here.  I look back and some specific things that I've learned, and I don't know if I could have learned them anywhere but here.  God knows what He's doing...all the time.
  • Today was my very last day of work at the Fun Park.  Honestly, it was kind of nice.  haha There are many people that work there for whom I'm so so thankful.  I have dear friends there and it has been a great job for me.  I really really needed a job this year and was blessed with one that came with a jackpot of good people/friends with it.  As a bonus (literally....you'll see), I got a $15 tip for hosting a birthday party.  Not a bad way to finish your last shift eh?  
  • The group date that my institute teacher has been planning for a while finally happened tonight.  it makes me laugh because it's been being planned for a long while.  But it happened!  There were many other couples there--all cool people, wouldn't you know it?  I felt flattered to have merited an invitation because it was a really fun group of people that they'd invited over.  It was a surprisingly fun night.  My date turned out being really great.  Also...bold boy from the previous post showed up with a date.  He didn't stay long at all but we talked for a little bit.  It wouldn't be my dating life if I actually understood what was going on.  It's just a pattern, unfortunately. haha 
  • I've been playing the mandolin a lot lately.  It's been really soothing to me.  Having only taken mandolin lessons for a year, I find a lot of satisfaction playing the most random songs on such a random instrument.  I'm currently really enjoying playing a Mika song. haha 
  •  iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Oh wow....the bullet above is literally because I fell asleep last night while writing this post.  I think it's funny so I'm not deleting it. haha
  • So while the weather here in Blowgan is pretty Mt. Pleasant, every now and then my roomies and I all sleep in the living room together and...I wake up shivering. haha Awkward. So I go to my room, get in my warm bed and hit the 'on' switch on my heat blanket.  I love, love, love it.  And my first thought it always, "Oh dear, Africa is going to be a doozy." haha I really haven't ever thought of myself as high maintenance, but I think I'm going to feel high maintenance when I realize how many little things I'm just going to have to go without.  No, I don't mean a heat blanket,  but I just used that as an example because I felt kind of guilty getting into a bed whose temperature I could control.  I pay close attention these days to the things that I plug in, for example, the things that I don't even think about.  We're awfully lucky.  I'm excited slash nervous to experience life with significantly less conveniences. 
Well I have other things to say but they fall under the category of a "loves" post...which hasn't happened in a while, so perhaps I'll save it for a later date.  Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment