- Imagine Dragons. My roomies are darling and know how much I love that band so they got tickets for my b-day. We drove down to Salt Lake and they put on yet another incredible show. They're ridiculous live. As much as I already love them, my love and respect for them grows when I see them in concert. Amazing.
- A massive perk of seeing Imagine Dragons is that I get to see the Sermon clan. One of my best friends in the world is the little sister of the guitarist in the band. So at their concerts I always find her so we can dance it up during the concert--always a worthwhile choice. We've been way good friends since high school, lived together in college, wrote each other during our missions, and maybe almost cry when we see each other. I love genuinely good friends.
- Speaking of, can I tell you something I adore? Genuinely good conversations. Talking about something real with people who care about you and what you have to say. I have a dear friend up here that is so funny and wonderful and...I just love talking to him. Mmm...yep, good chats are something that I love because they seem difficult to come by these days.
- I'm reading the Hunger Games right now. I love it. I want to bring the whole series to Uganda. The end.
- So confession: sometimes it takes me eleventy years to finish reading books. I just get distracted or forget that I'm reading it, etc. It's not awesome on my part. Well I started Hunger Games....cough...like last summer. haha Yeah, I know. When I was opening it to start reading again, I found a plane ticket as my book marker. I also found a little receipt with the e-mail of a man named Gino that I met on that flight. He was the coolest guy. He lives in D.C. and we just had such a fun conversation during the flight. Books, jogging tips, hiking, etc. I have a book recommendation list that he wrote for me and I probably should e-mail him before I leave to see how he's doing. I loved coming across that paper and memory.
- Besides the fact that my roomies took me to an Imagine Dragons concert for my birthday, (yes, today is the anniversary of my arrival to earth...thanks mom!) they made me a gluten free birthday cake today. It's apparently my thing to have 8 million food allergies and how sweet of them to work around that eh? So sweet and thoughtful.
- Umm...I finished my massive portfolio for my senior capstone course (the project that I did teaching the Burmese refugees) and I'm the only one I know of that got an "A" in that class! I'm not bothered by this news at all. Not only do I get to graduate college but...my grades are looking dapper. Pleasing.
Well, I should probably go finish packing and cleaning so that I can move home tomorrow. I'll try to post another time or two before I ship myself to Uganda....bah! Loves to you all!