Monday, March 28, 2011

Come with me...

Sometimes I have flashbacks of people I've met or places I've seen and I just have to relive them again. I love everything about the invention that is the camera. Hope it's okay if I take you guys back in time with me every now and then. This is probably the first of many sporadic installments of my memory sharing.



In my first area, Rome 1, we had these two men in our advanced english class that were our regulars. Aldo used to be a big deal pianist and carried around binders full of songs he can sing and play. Sometimes after class we'd make him play things for us because it was hilarious. He's also really good at english and ...as a result, he would sometimes be mean to Joseph (the white haired man who understands english a lot less). Aldo uses this skill for bad/funny purposes. Like one time during class, because Joseph didn't understand and Aldo did, Aldo turned to Joseph with a proud smirk and said with his italian accent, "You're more of a hinderance than a help." He was so proud of himself that he knew that phrase in english. haha



This next lad is Anziano Pace. He started his mission in Cagliari-the very same transfer I was transfered there. He had a fire for sharing the gospel like I had never seen before. I never knew another missionary like him. His sincerity was unreal. He is such a humble, genuinely caring missionary and it was impossible to think anything but good things about him. One time in district meeting, he showed us a talent that none of us had expected--yodeling. Apparently he learned online and performed at a school talent show or something. haha Hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. And I love Anziano Pace. how in the world can we get a hold of that boy? I adore thinking about my mission and get lost in my thoughts and memories far too often. love to you the moon and back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. We are very lucky to be in such an amazing era of digital video and photo. And blogs! Who knew? Maybe you should add the Burks to "blogs your lovin'"... ; )

    ReplyDelete