Sunday, January 13, 2013

New job, new place, new year

Things have been changing around here.  It's really great and exciting.


  • My nanny position will officially be ending February 22. I've been very fortunate to have this position because it's allowed me to save some moolah and get me in a better position to apply for other jobs.  So while I'm thankful for it and it's been a blessing, I'm excited to not be a 25 year-old glorified babysitter anymore.  
  • Speaking of my job really quick, maybe someday I'll write a post of all of the crazy train things that are said to me at work. haha One of my recent favorites is that when my boss found out I had broken up with that boy, she gave me a hug and said, "You know what you need to do?  You need to read this great book called 'He's Just Not That Into You'".  haha Yeah.  She didn't realize that I wasn't asking for her advice, or that if I had, she's terrible at it.  haha She says stuff like that quite frequently.  I realized on Friday that I need to pray to have charity for her.
  • I'm moving into a house in a week!  I'm so excited to have a place where I can finally unpack and make my home.  My Aunt Jane is fantastic and has been so fun taking me around to home decorating places.  I've never been able to do a lot of decorating in past apartments, but I'm excited to slow piece together a fun, darling, homey, tiny room.  I'm excited.  Hopefully my decorating skills aren't a total bust and my room doesn't end up looking like a twelve year old lives there.  haha  Time will tell.
A couple of new changes for the new year.  I'm excited about all of it.  I'll keep you posted with pictures of my tiny closet sized bedroom and the deets of the job hunt.  Best of times on the east coast!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are excited for these new changes. You always are very optimistic about life changes. You are good example to me Mal.

    ReplyDelete