Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane, coat obsession, going out on the town

Had the day off of work because of Hurricane Sandy.

Spent the day watching the Avengers with my aunt, helping their neighbor move tables inside from the patio, baking gluten free cookies and taking a wee trip to the store to grab goods for diner. haha Yeah, not a bad day considering a natural disaster is on its way.

My aunt and uncle are hilarious and are consistently cracking jokes about how they think this isn't going to be that big of a deal and there's just a lot of hype.  Truth is, obviously near the coast it's a huge deal and really dangerous.  But here away from the coast, it's just been really windy and rainy.

I have work off tomorrow as well.  I'm excited to have some time with my family out here but it's funny how when you can't go outside, going outside is all that you want to do.  I want to go for a run.  I want to go shopping.  I want to go out with friends.  Hmm...yep.  Those things will have to wait.  Until then, I'm enjoying my time that I can hang out in pajamas and not feel guilty about it.

I've recently discovered the goodness of greek yogurt.  My friend had me try it a while back and my initial thoughts were, "Yup, the only reason anyone would enjoy that is because it's a fad."  Well...I had some last week that was delicious to the max and I've since become a greek yogurt convert.  So I stocked up on some yogurt...you know...incase the power goes out.  Priorities straight.

I'm getting kind of, sort of addicted to etsy.  It's a problem.  I'm finding really cute winter coats, fun skirts, etc.  This is the problem with finally having an income. Now I want to spend it. haha  But thankfully I'm pretty good at understanding that fantasy shopping is sufficient for now.  I have a whole section of my favorite designers and products and dorkily gaze at them from time to time but...that's the extent of it. haha  I just appreciate fun, unique, pretty clothes.  Yes I do.

Here are a few of my faves:




My cute little nanny family introduced me to a section of the Washington Post that tells you all of the cool places to go when you're going out.  So I've decided that when I get off work in the evenings, I'm going to go to different places to get to know the area and...go do something fun.  This last week my car was kind of a joke but now that it's back to mint condish, it's time to go out and do fun things in this fun city.

I hope things go well for the people affected by Frankenstorm.  I hope that everyone was able to get prepared and feel safe.  It's the worst to be in a situation where you literally have no control over what will happen.  I just hope and pray that those closer to the coast will feel comfort and protected during this time of danger and uncertainty.  Hopefully they were better than me and stocked up on more than just greek yogurt.  Oh geez.

1 comment:

  1. Those are cute, I love the mustard colored one. How do you find those darling coats? Do you have tomorrow off too? Good luck with Sandy!

    ReplyDelete