Monday, August 20, 2012

I'm leaving on a jet plane.

I've been meaning to blog for a very long time now.  Soo much has happened.  I still need to tell you about the circumcision festival, our trip to the zoo, when we got robbed, hiking Wenale again, all of the goodbyes and wrap up this experience.  I was prepared to write a blog last night but...then my friend Cami got malaria and has been in the hospital with an IV all day.  So we took our last dinner to the hospital and ate with her there.  Then Rebecca and I slept on the floor of the hospital in the room with Cami.  It was not how I'd originally seen my last night in Mbale going but there was something perfect about it somehow.  I now have to pack in the next few hours, I'm sleeping in Jinja and then tomorrow (Wednesday) I continue to Kampala and then Entebbe where my flight leaves Uganda.  Here's one of the pics from the zoo.  Sam an I got to chill with this camel named Jennifer.
I'll also need to write about my last trip to the village.  They had a huge party for us.  Thank you speeches, they planted trees in our honor, we painted the kids faces, made costumes out of banana leaves, had a dance party and a Thanksgiving feast--Ugandan style (eating with our hands).  It was not awesome having to say goodbye to Damalie.  I sure love that girl.  It's hard to process that I'll probably never see her again.  Ugh.  Such a darling litte lady.
I will write a couple of blogs from home when I'll have better internet and a little more time to update on the last couple of weeks.  But for now, I have to pack.  My flight leaves tomorrow night and then I have a few days in Paris.  I can't wait to go back and be there again.  I lived there in 2007 and it was life changing.  I can't wait to have some time there again.  I'll be home Sunday.  I'm still not able to process that I'm leaving Uganda.  But while I'm obviously really sad to leave, it will be good to be back.  I'm excited to see everyone.  Thank you for sharing this experience with me.  Thanks for reading my random blogs and your sweet comments, e-mails and facebook messages.  I love you guys very much and am so thankful to have the family and friends that I have.  You're the best and I'm seriously the luckiest girl in the world.  I'll post more when I get home.  See you on Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment