Sunday, August 5, 2012

Conversations you may or may not want in on


I've recorded some recent conversations that I've found funny because...I wouldn't be having them anywhere else but here. haha 

Me:  Oh golly, I’m feeling quite nauseous
Kara:  Maybe you’re pregnant
Me:  Well on the upside, if I am pregnant, chances are good that it’s with a halvsie baby.  

Alexis:  you got food poisoning and it changed your life?
 (That's actually true.  Maybe some time I'll tell you about the ebola scare that was actually just food poisoning.) haha

Me:  you guys, what do we call those big fluffy blankets that we put on beds?
Kelsey:  Comforters?
Me: Oh yeah!  Do you guys remember those?!
I’m using a Kenyan airways blanket.  I've forgotten details about beds at home apparently.

Holly:  We have to wear pants to the circumcision festival 
Me:  Why?
Holly:  Because the men will be so drunk they might pull our skirts down.

Me:  You guys!  We literally just saw people getting tear gassed at a circumcision festival.  This is our life right now!

Yes, I need to write a blog post about the circumcision festival.  It was craziness.  Look forward to that post! haha

So....I come home in 3 weeks.  I'm a little bit freaking out.  I've been pondering staying in Utah or moving to Washington DC.  I would love to move to the east coast, find a job and start a new chapter of my life--a new adventure.  But yeah, I'm pretty terrified of the whole "I have a bachelors degree in Sociology, is that enough to sustain me in a place like DC?"  Unknown.  Staying in Utah would be safe because that's where all of my friends and family are.  But I don't really have connections for work in either place.  I dunno.  If you have pearls of wisdom, there's a blonde lassy in Uganda that wouldn't mind hearing them.  Love you all! 

Here's a little delight from Elder Holland because I find his every word incredible and I just really believe in what he's saying.  Here 'goes:

"The tests of life are tailored for our own best interests, and all will face the burdens best suited to their own mortal experience. In the end we will realize that God is merciful as well as just and that all the rules are fair. We can be reassured that our challenges will be the ones we needed, and conquering them will bring blessings we could have received in no other way."

2 comments:

  1. while your conversations are hilarious, the big question is what in the world is a circumcision festival and why on earth are you attending it?! awaiting details on that situation! as for you next move... safe is comfortable and while that probably sounds great right now seeing as you've been out of your comfort zone all summer- I say dream big- if DC is your adventure, then by all means, have it. the right job will come along if you want it bad enough and if it's not a job, maybe it's more school? i wish I could lend you my master's degree for a while so you could make great use of it out in the world! live and go and do. my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, circumcision festival. When are you gonna do that again? Wow. I'm with Amberly, obviously. I think DC will be an amazing adventure and you should definitely have it. I'm excited for you to come home and move on to your next adventure so I can hear about that one too!

    ReplyDelete