The latest and greatest in NYC...
- The change in temperature is my favorite. Right before it gets too chilly. It's when I get to pull out all my crazy patterned and colored tights, bulky scarves, funky coats, leather boots, hot chocolate and soup!
- My sister Kim is a ruby jewel in every way. She knows how much I love soup and I'm now the proud owner of a recipe book that has only soup recipes because of her. It's the best! I pretty much live off of liquid food during the Fall. Is that normal?
- Soo....I finished Grad School and am now an employed Social Worker! I was very berry nervous about not being able to find something right out of school but I scored a really great job within a week of graduating. It felt like God was making it rain...blessings. Too far?
- I work in a school counseling students who have experience being bullied, abused, in unhealthy relationships, etc. It took a while to finally get me in a school. But after having to switch my school recently, I'm finally getting settled and it feels like Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup for the soul.
- My office is comprised of: A desk I built while wearing a pencil skirt and tights (I don't know why I'm so proud of building a desk with my legs having a restricted range of motion but I really, really am), a fancy little wall collage, a string of colored balls draped across the archway in my office ($2 thrift store success!), a $3 mini-Christmas tree from Target and a gargantuan arm chair that I bought online. It's still a work in progress but I'm hoping the vibe is one that feels welcoming and comfortable.
- The gentleman that delivered my arm chair yesterday had a very interesting flirtation tactic. The armchair was delivered to my office so we had time to briefly chit chat about what I do. Before leaving he said, "Maybe I could take you to dinner some time...to talk about my anger issues." Oh buddy. So many thoughts in response to this.
- If you actually want to talk about your anger issues, I charge for that stuff. haha
- If you're trying to get a date of me, anger issues aren't going to be the turn on I'm looking for. In fact, I don't think they're a turn on for anyone...except, I guess, for whoever ended up with the Hulk.
- I'm going to be running a half marathon in January! The last time I ran a half marathon was in 2010 so it's been many moons. In fact, here's a little flashback to my first (and up until now, only) half marathon. It was the Halloween half marathon in Provo. I thought I was hilarious and dressed up like a hobo--keeping things inappropriate since 2010! Jokes on me though because looking back, I mostly look like I fell down a lot of stairs and bruised my face. haha
- Halloween weekend brought one of my favorite guests - my dear friend Diana. She was only here for ~36 hours but we danced our buns off to Rooney and loved every second of it.
We obviously stayed after the concert for a bit to talk to Robert Schwartzman. (The band had dressed up as vampires so the remaining make up is from that.) He's such a cool guy. After our brief conversation, I turned to Diana and said, "I think that's the most eye contact I've had from a guy in a long time." haha I didn't realize how rare of a quality that was until a lead singer from a band did it. Oh mamma. Stories about men to come later...
- I didn't dress up this Halloween. I eventually want to do a group costume of the Jamaican Bobsled Team from Cool Runnings. How rad would that be?! The real story behind this idea is that I saw that movie on my flight home from Dubai and kept thinking, "Man, their clothes are amazing!" The patterns and colors blow my mind in the very best way. While I wear some pretty random stuff, I think I could only pull of their ensembles as a Halloween costume. Lemme know if you want in on this. Obviously I dibs being Sanka so carry around an egg. haha